The team behind the Glucksman Gallery were named Cork’s Overall Digital Marketing Champions last week at the Cork Chamber of Commerce’s Cork Digital Marketing Awards for 2016. The awards ceremony was hosted by the aforementioned Chamber in the Fota Island Resort hotel, with RedFM’s KC playing the role of MC for the evening.
There were a total of 16 awards given on the night, with a special 17th award given to the overall ‘Digital Marketing Champions’. UCC & the Glucksman dominated the nominations in various categories, and their dedication throughout the year would be rewarded with 4 wins overall going to The College. The University itself walked away for the award for ‘Best Use of Twitter – business with more than 21 employees.’ The official UCC Twitter account, @UCC, has over 37 thousand followers, and is managed by Head of Media and Public Relations Ruth McDonnell & Media and Public Relations Officer Lynne Nolan.
The Glucksman was well-represented at the awards, with seemingly all of the staff in attendance, which was lucky as they may have needed the extra hands to carry all the silverware, as they picked up awards for ‘Best Use of Twitter – business with less than 20 employees’ and ‘Best Use of Instagram/Snapchat/Vine’. The Glucksman has around 10k followers across Twitter & Instagram, with the accounts being managed by their information desk team.
Speaking at the ceremony, Cork Chamber President Barrie O’Connell said: “Ireland’s digital economy is accelerating ahead with Irish consumers now purchasing 850k per hour online and on track to exceed 20 billion annually by 2020. It is clear from these Awards with the standards achieved and related innovations that Cork companies across all sizes and sectors are embracing digital and participating in the digital economy.”
Fiona Kearney, Director of the Glucksman Gallery, was brief in her words following the ceremony, saying that she was “stunned but delighted that the Glucksman team were recognised for their imaginative approach to digital marketing.” Tadhg Crowley, Curator of Education at the Glucksman, added that “there is a wonderful buzz around the gallery today after a fantastic evening at the #digitalcork16 awards. It is so brilliant to receive recognition for a real team effort. Social media has become such a crucial way for the Glucksman to communicate our diverse artistic programme and the variety of exciting events that happen here on a weekly basis. We are really proud of the work we do here at the Glucksman and are only too happy to share it with as wide an audience as possible. Thank you to all involved in the Cork Digital Marketing Awards for a wonderful evening!”
The Glucksman Gallery was far-and-away the winner of the night, with congratulatory tweets flooding in for days after the ceremony.
Full list of winners:
- Best Website – business in existence less than 3 years: Coqbull
- Best Website – business with less than 30 employees: Stonewell Cider
- Best Website – business with more than 30 employees: Cork Airport
- Best Digital Marketing by an NGO/Charity/Community Organisation: Irish Primary Principals’ Network
- Best Use of Instagram/Snapchat/Vine: The Glucksman
- Best E-Commerce Website: Bucas
- Best Use of Twitter – business with less than 20 employees: The Glucksman
- Best Use of Twitter – business with more than 21 employees: University College Cork
- Best Digital Marketing by an SME/Corporate/Sole-Trader: Cork’s Red FM
- Best Use of Video – business with less than 30 employees: OnTheQT.ie
- Best Use of Video – business with more than 30 employees: Laya healthcare
- Best Zero Budget Digital Marketing Campaign: Irish Primary Principals’ Network
- Best Use of Facebook – business in existence less than 3 years: Coqbull
- Best Use of Facebook – business with less than 30 employees: OnTheQT.ie
- Best Use of Facebook – business with more than 30 employees: Johnson & Perrott Motor Dealerships
- Best Use of Emoji: ByrneLooby
- Cork’s Overall Digital Marketing Champion: The Glucksman