- Jingle Bell Rock – Mean Girls
Besides the fact that EVERYONE loves Mean Girls, their enactment of this song rips the piss out of the fact that everything seems to be overly sexy these days.
- Chestnuts Roasting – Arcade Fire
Was anyone else unaware that Arcade Fire actually have a Christmas album? Granted, this song is fairly crappy, but it just sounds like they’re having such a good time.
- Happy Holidays, You Bastard – Blink 182
“It’s Christmas Eve/And I’ve only wrapped two fucking presents” – We’ve all been there.
- It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas – Michael Bublé
Don’t deny it – we all love a bitta Bublé at Christmastime.
- Walking in the Air – from ‘The Snowman’
Melting snow and melting hearts.
- Merry Christmas Everybody – Slade
Impossible to not belt the chorus of this out, no matter how many times it’s played.
- Christmas Time (Don’t Let the Bells End) – The Darkness
Dem trousers though.
- Last Christmas – Wham!
An absolute classic.
- The Little Drummer Boy – Bing Crosbie and David Bowie
David Bowie is reason enough, but the entire video for this song brings it to a whole other level.
- Fairytale of New York – The Pogues ft Kirsty MacColl
“You scumbag, you maggot, you cheap, lousy faggot” – arguably everyone’s favourite somewhat problematic Christmas lyrics ever.
Worst Christmas Songs
- Drummer Boy – Justin Bieber ft. Busta Rhymes
Why this was ever thought to be a good idea is beyond me.
- Christmas Song – Alvin and the Chipmunks
Unless you’re seven years old, this will never be okay. Never.
- Please Daddy Don’t Get Drunk This Christmas – John Denver
One of the most depressing Christmas songs I’ve ever heard.
- Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt
While Eartha Kitt sings beautifully, this song suggests all kinds of daddy issues.
- I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus – Jackson 5
The entire concept of this song is just weird.
- Do They Know It’s Christmas – Band Aid
Give it a rest already.
- Christmas Tree – Lady Gaga
The entire song is a sexual innuendo, and not a very subtle one at that.
- Grandma Got Run Over by A Reindeer – Elmo and Patsy
Just plain sad.
- Mistletoe – Justin Bieber
Sorry to all you Beliebers out there but JB should probably leave Christmas alone.
- Mistletoe and Wine – Cliff Richard
Have you seen the video for this?